Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What questions should I ask my LASIK surgeon?

What questions should I ask my LASIK surgeon?
The success of LASIK, as with any other surgical procedure, starts with choosing the right LASIK surgeon. It's the same as shopping for a pair of eyeglasses--except, of course, that you want to scratch the specs.
1) At least once when you're in your twenties
2) At least twice when you're in your thirties
3) Every two to four years when you're in the 40 (presbyopia appears) to 64 age range
4) After age 65, every one to two years
How many he's done before yours? They always make you sign a paper saying you understand that an accident can blind you. Ask if he ever blinded a patient or otherwise injured one. On the other hand, I think my lasik was the best thing I ever did...
Here's 20 questions you need to ask your eye surgeon!
Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment