Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What is a reason someone would have cottonmouth for days on end?

I don't smoke or drink either! Weird..What is a reason someone would have cottonmouth for days on end?
That's one of the leading symptoms in people who have gonorrhea......gross.
Get your blood sugar checked. My cousin had a bad case of that right before finding out she was diabetic.
If you are on some new medication, that could be a side-effect. You could also have an infection of the tonsils or throat. You could even have an allergy to something.
If it doesn't go away soon, I would ask a doctor--just in case it is caused by something that requires antibiotics.
I got it as a side effect to a popular allergy medicine. I changed medicines!
Diabetes, Candida (yeast infection) in your mouth, which is often caused by diabetes. Can also be caused by some medications (for example, my birth control pills gave me cotton mouth), or by not drinking enough water.
Have your blood sugar checked first. It might be caused by something totally harmless, like snacking on salty food at work without thinking much of it, but it could be diabetes. It's better to be safe then sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment