Saturday, October 23, 2010

What is the likelihood of me bein signed off?

I've suffered from anxiety for about 4 months now, and it has got to the point where I have made myself ill with stress (possible IBS) which isn't helping the situation. I hate my work, and really struggle with it, due to the anxiety and stress. I see a counsellor but I feel I just need time away from work - just get some time out.What is the likelihood of me bein signed off?
if your job is making you stressed to the point of experiencing irritable bowel syndrome perhaps you need to change jobs if that is truly the only cause for your symptoms
i suggest a complete physical to rule out any other underlying causes
seeing a psychiatrist who can prescribe anti-anxiety medication and can possibly give you a letter for temporary disability so that you can continue to collect some money while you sort the problem out and look for another job
good luck
If work is genuinely making you ill then your doctor will give you a sick note, as well as trying to treat you. You also may want to consider a change of jobs. Good luck, I know how you feel.
The best thing to do is go and see your doctor, have a chat and if they think you need time off they will do it.
Go and see your GP who will give you a sick note. Hope u feel better soon. xx
Change your job as you will be just as anxious about returning to work after your break.

No comments:

Post a Comment