Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What is hypermobile shoulders?

I've been told that I have hypermobile shoulders & don't get it, what does it mean?What is hypermobile shoulders?
This : http://www.arc.org.uk/about_arth/booklet...
Who told u? a doctor? If so, then ask what that means! Whoever asked u ask them right back - but I know that "hyper" means to over extend like - hyperextension of the knee is when it kinda bows backward - so what I'm thinking is that you might have a good range of motion in your shoulders - maybe double-jointed a bit??
It means that you have extremely mobile shoulders. In order words you can dislocate your shoulders without injury. People with this can squeeze into places others can't. Like the fellow who can pull a tenist racket over his arms and over his entire body, but I don't advice you to try this. Having hyper mobile shoulders is nothing to be worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment