Sunday, October 17, 2010

What does this mean?

I went to the doctor today because last night I had a sinus headache, earache, tiny bit of sore throat (maybe some whit patches, not sure), and I woke up feeling 10 times worse. But the doctor barely looked at my ears, throat, etc, and was more worried about whether or not I had any pain in my stomach, any trouble urinating, etc. Then he said I had a virus. I'm just very confused as to what all of this means, and why he was more concerned about my stomach than anything else. Anyone got any ideas?What does this mean?
Severe strep throat can also manifest itself in your stomach (especially in children). He was probably trying to rule out a strep infection (untreated, it can lead to scarlet fever - trust me, this happened to my daughter), which is one of the hardest infections to beat.
But if you feel that he wasn't thorough, or didn't attend to your chief complaint, see another doctor for a second opinion.
How does he barely look????
Sounds like he was trying to see if your entire intestinal tract is infected. It will go down on it's way out.
he was trying to see if you had any of those symtoms because if you did it it might be something more serious.sounds to me like he was trying to see if you just had a virus or had the flu,because those symptoms he asked you about usually accompany the flu!its nothing to worry about!get some rest and stop making yourself sicker from worrying!and may God bless you with a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment